Two of our favorite adaptogens, as mentioned in class, are Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) and Motherwort (Leonurus Cardiaca). This is because, among other things, they both grow plentifully and are readily accessible in large portions of the world. Mugwort is found to have been one of the oldest forms of plant life still in existance today.
- In your opinion, what are the three times in a woman's life that her nervous and immune system would most benefit from the regular intake of foods and/or medicinal pants with adaptogenic properties?
- What are three ways that a pregnant mother (not in her first trimester) can safely benefit from the effects of medicinal plants?
Throughout our Original Instructions Doula training, we have explored numerous ways in which you can incorporate common medicines and nutritive foods into a mother's environment while she is pregnant and laboring. Not only is it important to engage more than just the sense of taste when providing holistic support but also it provides you, as the Doula, with a wider range of tools.
- Please name three ways that you as a Doula would be able to support a mother who was laboring in a hospital setting by using medicinal plants and foods if she so desired them?
- When would offering the support of the nourishing body and/ or yoni steams to your pregnant client be most appropriate;
A) In the sixth week of pregnancy, for morning sickness.
B) When her contractions have been getting progressively stronger for a while but she looks like she is getting tired.
C) During the first 2-3 weeks after conception when she is experiencing sore breasts.
D) Begining about 4 weeks before the mother's due date in order to prepare her tissue for labor
- Please name two methods of supporting a pregnant client with nutritiveH foods and plants that are safe during her first trimester of pregnancy.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter And Receive Updates About Our Upcoming Events