Brittany Jade will share practical and accessible ways of preparing and administering plant medicines based on knowledge she has gleaned from living as a Midwife and Herbalist within various Indigenous cultures of the Americas.
These traditional treatments are used for treating acute issues, healing past traumas as well as for increasing vitality and longevity.
During this day long workshop we will identify and learn about many medicinal plant allies from the Amazonian and Andean regions along with their North American counterparts. We will learn traditional ways of preparing and administering plant medicine and will have a hands on medicine making session towards the end of class.
By attending this class you will take away:
– Step by step information on how to prepare and administer at least 4 very relevant (yet largely unrecognized by western herbalism) plant treatments
– Profiles of plant allies local to your area that can be substituted in any of the traditional treatments we cover
– Theoretical and experiential knowledge of how to make your own Pusanga (traditional Shipibo preparation used during Ayahuasca diets). You will get to take your Pusanga home with you at the end of the day
– One integratabtle exercise for strengthening your personal connection to the Plant Nations every day.
– An educated overview of Ethnobotany within the Americas over the past 500 years.
*** When we share specific traditional Indigenous practices of certain Nations we always do so only with the permission and blessing of that community
Congratulations! You have decided to enrich your life and connection with the Plant Nations by attending all three classes in the series Plant Medicine Practices. We look forward to seeing you...
Asheville, NC April 30th from 6-8:30pm Come for this educational evening and cultivate your relationships with the Plant Nations. We will identify and learn how to...
Asheville, North Carolina April 29th, 2018 from 6-8:30 pm SINGING THE MEDICINE, TRADITIONAL SONGS FOR HEALING ‘Singing the Medicine’ day long workshop with Brittany Jade: Nearly every...