This 64-hour holistic Herbalism certification program has been designed for Midwives, OBs, and other people who currently care for (or would like to care for) childbearing women and their families.
During this four weekend-long certification workshop, our students are able to learn extensively about how to identify, prepare and administer plant-based medicines which nourish and support the processes fertility, pregnancy, birth, lactation, and well woman care.
As with all of the classes and certification programs offered by The Original Instructions School, this program has been developed by a collective of practitioners who share the understanding that human beings are healthiest when we live close with Nature.
Throughout this program, you will have the invaluable experience of receiving lessons on Herbalism for Midwives and birth workers from 5 distinguished educators, midwives, herbalist, and holistic practitioners from 4 different continents.
During your Herbalism for Birth workers you will:
* Identify and discuss the notable constituents of medicinal plants which ease and assist during conception, pregnancy, birth, lactation, the postpartum, menses, and menopause.
* Gain knowledge of how to identify, cultivate, harvest and prepare over 108 different medicinal plants.
* Learn how to properly asses which plant treatments are applicable for various conditions related to women’s health.
* Explore ways in which herbal medicines have been (and still are being) administered throughout the world in an ancient and non-westernized manner.
* Experience and memorize pertinent traditional Indigenous ceremonies surrounding the birth spectrum and the incorporation of medicinal plants into that process.
* Practice making your own medicinal salves, balms, soaks, wraps, serums, scrubs, spritzers, steams, diaper cream, and other DIY natural products for your practice
* Apply your knowledge of herbal medicine through practicing the ancient Chinese Medicine technique of MOXA.
* Integrate your Original Instructions Herbalism Certification into your current (or future) practice with our end-of-the-program live conference call.