During this Original Instructions School Doula certification training you will receive invaluable knowledge about the birth process, as well as an extensive skill set for working with pregnant mothers and their families until their child(ren), have arrived in this world.
Like all of our Original Instructions certification programs our Birth Doula certification training is committed to providing our students with an impeccable education while keeping the Original Instructions for humanity and ancestral wisdom as our guiding force.
Our Doula certification curriculum is structured in a dynamic way which bridges evidence-based learning with remembering the wisdom of grandmothers past.
Our online Doula Certification program consists of the same curriculum included in our in-person Doula certification training and is distributed through 24 'classroom' hours, which include
- 16 hours of live lessons with our Original Instructions School teachers and guest speakers from around the globe. Our instructors will provide you with the experience of learning directly from Midwives, Herbalists, Indigenous medicine practitioners without having to leave your space of quarantine
- 4 thirty minute-long personalized mentoring sessions via phone call
- 4 written correspondence lessons provided as 'homework' following your live lessons
- Traditional storytelling, medicine songs, and other ceremonies relevant to birth and reproductive health
- 1 personalized graduation call and certificate
Once you have registered for this Doula certification training you will receive your welcome email through which you will be able to schedule your first live webinar lesson with our Original Instructions teachers, thereby beginning your training and certification process.
In addition to completing all online lessons, webinar classes, and conference calls we also require that our Doula students complete our Module 1 Required Reading List and sign our Standards of Care and Scope of Practice Agreement before receiving their Pregnancy and Birth Doula Certification.