Like all of our Original Instructions certification programs, our Postpartum and Lactation Doula certification training is committed to providing our students with an impeccable education while keeping the Original Instructions for humanity and ancestral wisdom as our guiding force. Our Postpartum Doula certification curriculum is structured in a dynamic way which bridges evidence-based learning with the longstanding wisdom of Indigenous human beings.
We are so excited to have Karen Tinta-Chunvislla joining us live from Cuzco, Peru to share traditional Quechua wellness practices surrounding uterine massage, medicinal plants, and the Wytas'ka postpartum treatment. Midwife Maya Carlos joining us from Belize to discuss the practical realties of practicing as a Birth Worker, and TCM practitioner Rachael Henrichsen to train participants in the arts of MOXA and cupping for promoting wellness and pain relief.
Our online Doula Certification program consists of the same curriculum included in our in-person Doula Certification training and is distributed through 24 classroom hours, which include
- 1 Weekend (16 hours ) of live certification training of live (Zoom) lessons with our Original Instructions School founder Brittany Jade and guest teachers from around the globe. Our instructors will provide you with the experience of learning directly from Midwives, Herbalists, and Indigenous medicine practitioners without having to leave your space of quarantine
- 4 thirty minute-long personalized mentoring sessions via phone call
- 4 online correspondence lessons provided as self-paced work following your live lessons
- Traditional storytelling, medicine songs, and other ceremonies relevant to birth and reproductive health
- 1 personalized graduation call and certificate
If you would like to attend our Postpartum Doula Certification training and are a returning Original Instructions School student or graduate please contact Brittany@OriginalInstructionsSchool.com directly in order to receive your 25% off returning student discount on your tuition.