Medicinal Plant Bath Recipe #metoo
In the spirit of the #metoo movement …
Here's a favorite medicinal plant bath recipe for healing layers of trauma after having suffered sexual assault :
This medicinal plant bath can be administered as a hot soak or a cold rinse just after sexual trauma occurs and as needed thereafter. For optimal results this bath should be taken first thing after waking and/or last thing before bed.
- One glass or ceramic container that holds at least 30 oz of liquid
- A heating element
- 4 oz White Jasmine Tobacco (Nicotiana Alata) flower and leaves
- 3 oz Common mallow (Malva Sylvestris) flower and leaves
- 2 oz Holy Basil (Ocimum Sanctum) aerial parts
.5 oz Yellowroot (Xanthorhiza Simplicissima) flowers
- .5 oz Honeysuckle flowers
- Center yourself and clear your work space.
- Begin singing, chanting, praying or otherwise focusing your attention on the purpose of the medicine you are preparing.
- Lay your ingredients out in your workspace so that they are readily available.
- Bring 30 oz water to a simmer for 5 minutes and then let stand for 3 minutes
- While the water is cooling, crush all non floral plant matter minimally and place in your ceramic or glass container.
- Place all flowers on top of the crushed plant matter in your container.
- Pour steaming water onto the medicinal plant and flower mixture, making sure that all plant matter is completely submerged in the water.
- Cover your container and let steep for at least 20 minutes
- Take plant bath by adding the contents of your container to a hot soaking bath or by pouring the contents cold, over the head and body.
Leave a comment